the magic numbers...
the shoot of THE HOUR OF LIVING, including docu camera and some time-lapse photography plus a few tests, has generated 964,689,264,640 bytes (or just under a terabite) of data which now exists on two 'original' 500GB hard drives (they're not, in fact, the 'original' at all, of course, since the actual recordings weremade onto 16GB memory cards which we kept copying onto these rugged hard drives as we went along) and three 1.5TB backup drives which in turn now live in three separate locations in two countries. not meaning to come across as paranoid or anything, i'm currently in the process of making a fourth backup, just to be on the safe side... (estimated duration: about 11 hours)
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.
due to the horrendous evils of spam i've had to set comments to 'approval needed'. but please feel free to comment: i won't censor or hide you; this really is just to spare us all the intrusion of unwanted advertising for decidedly crap websites.
i am, i suppose, the instigator of this project. i wrote it, i'm producing it together with pascal verdosci, i'm directing, together with adam berzsenyi bellaagh, and because i've got adam codirecting, i'm even acting in it. but really the impetus for it came from our director of photography gregor brändli, who said to me 'october i'd be available to make a film'. and we'd been meaning to make our first feature ever since we first worked together, back in 2005...
banner image from our footage, shot on location in safiental, switzerland
- das team
- dan absalom (ivor)
- pepe belmonte (the singer)
- adam berzsenyi bellaagh (codirector)
- gregor brändli (director of photography)
- sam fordham (theo)
- gary grant (harry)
- charlotte heinimann (gabrielle)
- georg isenmann (production manager swiss unit)
- livia krummenacher (production assistant swiss unit)
- sebastian michael (writer, director, producer & george)
- jay ramirez (continuity & styling)
- moritz anselm schermbach (camera assistant)
- christoph schwegler (werner)
- andrea spolarics (eva)
- pascal verdosci (coproducer)
- david wade (conrad)
- geoff widdowson (sound)
- images & sounds