we're still polishing picture and sound but today our film received its first 'official' press coverage, from the rhiiblatt, which is the local paper of the region in graubünden, switzerland, where we shot our mountain scenes. under the headline Safiental Makes Film History, the full page article explains our fundaframe scheme and points out the fact that the hour of living will be the first feature film in history to be financed purely on a frame-by-frame basis, before telling its readers how we found the safiental, one of the most remote and ruggedly beautiful valleys in switzerland, and why we chose it as our main location. it concludes with a short synopsis.
if you understand german, you can read the whole article here.
due to the horrendous evils of spam i've had to set comments to 'approval needed'. but please feel free to comment: i won't censor or hide you; this really is just to spare us all the intrusion of unwanted advertising for decidedly crap websites.
i am, i suppose, the instigator of this project. i wrote it, i'm producing it together with pascal verdosci, i'm directing, together with adam berzsenyi bellaagh, and because i've got adam codirecting, i'm even acting in it. but really the impetus for it came from our director of photography gregor brändli, who said to me 'october i'd be available to make a film'. and we'd been meaning to make our first feature ever since we first worked together, back in 2005...
banner image from our footage, shot on location in safiental, switzerland
- das team
- dan absalom (ivor)
- pepe belmonte (the singer)
- adam berzsenyi bellaagh (codirector)
- gregor brändli (director of photography)
- sam fordham (theo)
- gary grant (harry)
- charlotte heinimann (gabrielle)
- georg isenmann (production manager swiss unit)
- livia krummenacher (production assistant swiss unit)
- sebastian michael (writer, director, producer & george)
- jay ramirez (continuity & styling)
- moritz anselm schermbach (camera assistant)
- christoph schwegler (werner)
- andrea spolarics (eva)
- pascal verdosci (coproducer)
- david wade (conrad)
- geoff widdowson (sound)
- images & sounds