with the arrival of spring comes the happy news that our film has received its first nomination, for the basel film prize in the feature film category. the basel film prize is awarded each year in a range of categories and nominated films are screened as part of the ZOOM season at the stadtkino basel, the biggest and most important independent repertory cinema in basel. this means that the hour of living will be shown there between 6th and 9th june 2012 - we are awaiting confirmation of the actual date, so watch this space, if you're in switzerland in june!...
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.
due to the horrendous evils of spam i've had to set comments to 'approval needed'. but please feel free to comment: i won't censor or hide you; this really is just to spare us all the intrusion of unwanted advertising for decidedly crap websites.
i am, i suppose, the instigator of this project. i wrote it, i'm producing it together with pascal verdosci, i'm directing, together with adam berzsenyi bellaagh, and because i've got adam codirecting, i'm even acting in it. but really the impetus for it came from our director of photography gregor brändli, who said to me 'october i'd be available to make a film'. and we'd been meaning to make our first feature ever since we first worked together, back in 2005...
banner image from our footage, shot on location in safiental, switzerland
- das team
- dan absalom (ivor)
- pepe belmonte (the singer)
- adam berzsenyi bellaagh (codirector)
- gregor brändli (director of photography)
- sam fordham (theo)
- gary grant (harry)
- charlotte heinimann (gabrielle)
- georg isenmann (production manager swiss unit)
- livia krummenacher (production assistant swiss unit)
- sebastian michael (writer, director, producer & george)
- jay ramirez (continuity & styling)
- moritz anselm schermbach (camera assistant)
- christoph schwegler (werner)
- andrea spolarics (eva)
- pascal verdosci (coproducer)
- david wade (conrad)
- geoff widdowson (sound)
- images & sounds